The Scottish bagpipe is a reed instrument that produces a constant stream of sound due to the fact that the reeds are driven by air in the bag, and not by air from the musician’s mouth. The Scottish Bagpipe is a folk musical instrument of Scotland, where it was developed as a military musical instrument in the 16th century. You can go for the irish vs scottish bagpipes and you can have the best deal.
The choice of bagpipes, like any other instrument, should be approached consciously. In addition to the appearance of the instrument, it is necessary, of course, to take into account its sound capabilities.
The First thing
First of all, we recommend collecting the maximum information about the tool. Think about what kind of music you plan to play. Will it be folk music, ancient music, Irish or Scottish traditional music, etc.
Do you want to learn how to play an instrument or remove it from a wall once a year?
If you study, do you have anyone (now some people even learn through a webcam).
Will you play as a solo artist, in a pipe band (dear ArtemyVorobyov can tell you about this, by the way), in an ensemble with other instruments, in a consort.
Note: follow Italian football and are you interested in Sampdoria Composition? Then visit the site uc-sampdoria.ru, where you will find the composition of FC Sampdoria and much other interesting information about this club.
- Think about the required range of the tool with this in mind. Do you need a fully chromatic instrument or partially. Some bagpipes were and are national instruments that are clearly focused on the music of one or another people.
- And here again the question of choice arises, because some manufacturers offer both traditional versions of the chanter, and more adapted to pan-European music.
- Think also about the volume of the instrument – can you play in your apartment on a loud bagpipe or is it better to take a quieter option?
- The volume and sound are affected by the shape of the channel. Instruments with a cylindrical chanter channel are quieter, their sound has more overtones compared to conical ones.
- It is better, of course, to consult with more experienced musicians. As I have repeatedly said, the ideal bagpipe does not exist. Therefore, one must more or less clearly imagine the characteristics of the instrument.
The question of price – For us it is primarily the price / quality ratio. Are you ready to buy a cheap tool and spend a large amount of time and money on its repair and completion as a result? Maybe it’s better to save up money? What is the cost of the Pakistan bagpipes for 200 cu Imagine that a manufacturer pays for wood-bags-humping-jewelry, pays for depreciation of machines, pays for electricity and water, pays for assembly-inspection-packaging-sending, wages to workers. With the affordable best uke apmplifer you can have the best deal.
- But this also does not mean that the Northumbrian bagpipe for 10,000 euros made in Northumbria will sound for all 10,000 euros.
- Look for reasonable compromises. And remember, eBay sells “unknown master tools” from Pakistan.
Generally, bagpipes used you can only buy with the participation of a more experienced piper. There is always a certain risk.A few years ago wewere offered a “Scottish bagpipe by a master of such and such (a famous Scottish master was mentioned)” absolutely new, at a modest price for such instruments. It turned out Pakistan.